About the Washtenaw Area Apartment Association
The Washtenaw Area Apartment Association
is organized to advance, assist, foster and promote the growth, development and general welfare of the rental housing and apartment industries within Washtenaw, Lenawee, Livingston and Monroe Counties. Serving Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Howell, Brighton, Monroe, Adrian and various townships and municipalities in the area with education and networking. All Independent Rental Owners, Large Management Companies, Communities and Suppliers to the apartment industry are welcome and will benefit from all services provided.
WAAA Online University
WA3 has partnered with the National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI) and Lease Hawk to launch a universal online-based Learning Management System (LMS) that will be utilized across all NAA affiliates. Use this link to take any of the many classes offered. To take a certification course from NAA, please see below!
Interested in getting a national certification from NAA?
Easy Credit Card Payment Option Always Available
To pay for any event or education class, or to renew your dues with a credit card, click on the "PAY NOW" button below and fill in the blanks on the paypal screen. Hit update and you can either use your paypal account or click on the "Don't Have a Paypal Account" area to process.
Holiday Award Evening
Arbor Brewing Company, 114 East Washington, Ann Arbor, MI
Thursday, December 5, 2013, Time: 5:30 to 8:30
Cost: $35 per person, Guests invited
All Committee Members, Volunteer Instructors, Nova Winners, and Board Members will be honored for their contribution to the Association for the year.
Beer tasting event at Arbor Brewing Company including networking and hors d'ouvres. (There will be drinks other than beer for those not interested in the tasting.)
SPONSORSHIPS BY: (Cost to sponsor….$250)
Please manually add a $2.00 convenience fee if paying by Paypal
Annual General Membership Meeting – Legal Panel
This years Annual meeting will feature 4 attorneys ready to answer questions on Employment Law, Workman's Comp Law, Contract Law and Landlord Tenant Law.
TOPIC: LEGAL PANEL
· EMPLOYMENT LAW: John Holmquist, Holmquist Employment Law Firm, John has represented employers in Michigan and throughout the country in all aspects of employment and labor law in the courts and before administrative agencies for over 37 years. John is a fellow in the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers and has been name a Michigan Super Lawyer in Employment and Labor law since 2006.
· WORKMAN’S COMP LAW: Denice M. Levasseur, Levasseur & Levasseur, PC, an attorney specializing in the defense of employers and insurance companies in Michigan Workers’ Compensation claims. She helped in the effort to pass recent Workers’ Compensation reform laws.
· CONTRACT LAW AND LANDLORD/TENANT LAW: Jim Fink and Karen Valvo, partners with Fink and Valvo , with over 15 years experience in Southeast Michigan courts including Washtenaw, Monroe, Livingston and Oakland Counties with various specialties including contract and landlord tenant law.
Come to the meeting with your questions or submit them ahead of time.
Thursday, November 21, 2013, Weber's Inn, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, Cost: $20
Location: Weber's Inn 3050 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, MI 48103 Google Map
Come and vote for next year's officers……Every property/owner/vendor contact person gets one vote.
- Michelle Milliken, Paul Davis Restoration
- Terri Neely, McMullen Properties
- Any Khan, CMB Management
- Leslie Lemerand, Oxford Properties
- Michelle Foley, Village Green
Nominees for Business Partner at PMAM:
- Ziggy Martin, Midwest Cabinet and County
- Mike Kovalesky, MLive.com