The purposes for which the Apartment Association is organized are to carry on charitable, benevolent, educational and civic purposes including the following:
- To advance, assist, foster and promote the growth, development and general welfare of the rental housing industry through the association of those involved in ownership, construction, management, maintenance and operation of rental units and to advance the general welfare of the rental industry in Washtenaw County and surrounding membership areas of Michigan.
- To serve and assist suppliers of products and services to the rental housing industry in the promotion of those products and services within the membership and to engage in educational activities for its membership with regard to such products and services.
- To assist qualified persons in furthering their educational and professional development.
- To develop, collect and disseminate information and data concerning the ownership, construction, management, maintenance and operation of the residential rental industry and all things incidental thereto and to provide educational services pertaining to the same as will enhance and improve the professional standards of the residential rental industry.
- To support and promote the education of all persons, companies, corporations and all other forms or entities connected or related to the residential rental industry through classes, seminars and other forms of educational programs, and to do all things necessary for and incidental to, the education and dissemination of information between and among all parties and institutions within that industry.
- To advocate and encourage the constant improvement of rental housing management and operational techniques.
- To serve, advance and protect the welfare of the rental housing industry within the scope of the operation of the Association.
- To inspire members to further educate themselves in the theory and practice of their rental housing industry related business.
- To hold, when practicable, workshops, seminars, educational courses and exhibitions of products and services, and other items which may be beneficial in the conduct of the rental-housing-industry-related business upon the direction and approval of the Board of Directors.
- To provide a forum for the discussion, resolution or further study of problems affecting the owners, developers, operators and suppliers of products and services in the rental housing industry.
- To encourage Property Professional Members to support the Business Partner Members through the utilization of their products and services.